Private Forums
Cementation of 5'' Liner
13 May 2010
Dear Professionals

Offshore wells are having 20x13 3/8x9 5/8x 7 Casing policy. In case of any complications, wells are completed in 5" liners. The cementation of 5" in a very critical issue incase if landed at 72deg. Normally cementation of 5" liner is extremely poor because liners are lowered without centralizers due to high landing angle. Secondary cementation of cementations is just an attempt without much degree of success.
May I know the ways adopted for getting good primary cementation? What are the others remedy for overcoming this problem.

Regards

N.A.SIDDIQUI
ONGC,INDIA
3 answer(s)
nasiddiqui52
GENERAL MANAGER
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
Total Posts: 16
Actually I am getting the best international pracises using ECP. I understand that wells are still completed in 5" liners and cemented too. Field people must share their experiences for getting a good CBL/VDL in 5" liners.
Regards

N.A.Siddiqui
Rcraig63
Senior Technical Sales Advisor, Eur
Enventure Global Technology
Total Posts: 1
We are currently using Protech (Halliburton) centralising/stand-offs on our expandable liners,as this does not hinder with the expansion process, initially they were utilised for differential sticking, however, on completion, our client found that they had a top class cement job because of this application. They now currently run all the completion strings with these stand-offs in mind when doing cement jobs.
They crompise of a composite material that bonds directly on-to the casing prior to running in hole.
I can pass on the contact info if you wish

Richard Craig
Enventure International
nasiddiqui52
GENERAL MANAGER
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
Total Posts: 16
THERE ARE TWO SCHOOL OF THOUGHT.

IN OUR CASE CEMENTING ENGINNERS FEEL THAT CENTRALIZERS WILL BE A PROBLEM FOR REACHING TO TD.

WHAT IS INTERNATIONAL BEST INDUSTRY PRACTISE FOR LOWERING 5"LINER AND WHAT PRECAUTION IS NECCESSARY TO ACHIEVE A GOOD CBL/VDL IN HIGH ANGLE WELL ABOVE 84DEG. MAY LIKE TO KNOW ALSO THAT WHETHER INDUSTRY HAS DISCARDED LOWERING 5" LINERS DUE TO BAD CEMENTATION AND RESORTED TO NEW TECHNOLOGY LIKE USE OF ECP IN PLACE OF CEMENTATION.

WILL BE HIGHLY GREATFUL IF PROFESSIONAL COVERS THIS ASPECT AND SHARES WITH CASE HISTORY OF DEVIATED WELL PROFILES.

REGARDS,
N.A.SIDDIQUI
ONGC,INDIA
Jump to top of the page