Screens with Internal Kill Slots

Dear forum members,
Some years ago we used Baker Equalizer screens with kill slots in several of our horizontal subsea wells.
Now the time for the first workover has arrived (un-related to the screens, I need to say).
The reservoir has got a gradient of 0.96 sg now, i.e. sub-hydrostatic. The reservoir section is about 1,000m long and horizontal.

I'm looking for a suitable method of preparing the well for pulling the upper completion.
- plugging the tailpipe bears the risk of not being able to remove it after the workover
- conventional kill pill might plug the well for good, or not work over that long exposed section
- utilizing the kill slots to bridge off against these slots (0.024") on the inside of the base pipe might be the best option?

Baker supplied us with a kill pill formulation when we initially installed the screens, but luckily we never had to use it, since there were no losses during running screens.

I'm after some experience (positve and negative) of anyone who has used a kill pill (with e.g. sized CaCO3) in screens with kill slots.

Many thanks in advance.

Stefan Seyfried
Completion Engineer
5 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate