rp-squared helps bp Egypt save $millions

Dear members

When bp Egypt were faced with the challenge of improving results in their Deepwater x HPHT wells, they involved us in a series of i-DWOPS (i= Improvement).

We ran two i-DWOPs:
  • One in Palermo, alongside the rig which was undergoing 5-yearly SPS; there we ran our 'Performance Awakening Seminar' to arouse pride-and-conviction in performance .. and developed a range of mini-KPIs)
  • One in Cairo, for the deeper hole sections.
The bp leadership team set the tone/vision and the engineering and operations teams rose to the challenge with well-thought-out and detailed programmes, which the Business Partners (Drilling & Service Co) were able to get their teeth into, and build upon. The Drilling Co were very supportive, always fielding a strong contingent of wellsite personnel; we worked closely with them.

The well was a geological, technical and commercial success. Performance exceeded everyone's expectations (including mine!)and everyone is feeling justifiably proud of their achievements.

We received the attached testimonial.

Please note that you need to start the series of 'planning for success' workshops as soon as you can. We are working with a client who won't be spudding until November; yet they had the foresight to run "Well Challenges Sessions" in February, which opened up opportunities in the contracting, site preparation and well design (long lead-time) phases.

Can you afford not to?

Best wishes

Dave
Documents uploaded by user:

bp Egypt Testimonial_2015.pdf

3 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate