13-3/8" Double valve Autofill type TOPCO float shoe Float Collar

Dear All,

We are planned to use first time the TOPCO Double valve auto fill type float equipment on 13⅜" casing,  till date conventionally we used normal float equipment (NRV type), and thus need to do risk assessment for using autofill feature.  

I intend to use this one as normal for which i checked with vendor if this can converted to normal one physically at surface but unfortunately it was told that this can be possible for only single valve float equipment and not for double valve. For Double valve type it  must requires to be done hydraulically by flowing through at 8 bpm and there wouldn't be any indication at surface if the floats are converted to conventional or not.

I want your opinion 

1. pros and cons of using Auto fill feature.

2.What can go wrong if we will not able convert floats to NRV before cementation job.

3. any advice if we covert them to normal after running few jts of casing below RT and later cont run the casing as conventional by filling up every 10 jts or so .

4. Success/ failure rate of conversion

Basic info-  13⅜" casing shoe at 38 deg inclination at depth of 6200 ft.

10 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate