Private Forums
E-Line fishing in ERD well - looking for peer assist with experience.
06 September 2018

Looking for industry experience for peer assist for complex fishing job.

It's an eline toolstring (with +/- 250ft wire attached) to be fished at 25,000ft, horizontal well.

At this stage, I am trying to find someone with experience of fishing e-line tools with e-line / tractor with stroker tool.

______

Note from moderator:

If you fit the bill (and ONLY if you fit the bill) will we allow you to post your email address here, but before that, you must contribute some information of substance to this FREE forum.  If not, your post will be removed, because this is NOT a jobs board.

Drillers.com is our jobs board and where people can get access to our (fee-paying) skills pool.

8 answer(s)
sandyfettes
Wells Delivery Manager
Enquest
Total Posts: 4

Thank you.  I believe the team are taking to him already.

Many thanks

Sandy

SorenHartmann
Drilling Instructor and Performance Drilling Superintendent
Drillconsult
Total Posts: 2
Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your reply.

I have worked for Schlumberger and Welltec for a number of years and recoments to speak to Christian Kruger, V.P. Sales & Marketing at Welltec as he have worked many years with Schlumberger Wireline as Field Engineer.
sandyfettes
Wells Delivery Manager
Enquest
Hi Soren.  Yes attempting to fish a wireline tool with tractor and stroker.  Likely Welltec will be used for tractor and stroker.
gpierce74
Integrated Well Intervention Advisor
Halliburton
Total Posts: 7
Hi Sandy,

Performed what sounds like a similar operation in West Africa, where a combination of braided line runs made with a wire grab and other slickline tools and with eline tractor and stroker combination with an overshot and internal wire grabs built into it.

In the end, the wireline tools were fished out after 500 ft of cable came out in pieces, but it took the better part of 3 weeks. Also kept a camera on location for viewing while the operation was ongoing
SorenHartmann
Drillconsult
Hi Sandy,

Just to clarify, you are attempting to fish a wireline tool utilising a tractor with a stroker?

Is it a Welltec tractor and stroker tool?

Regards,

Søren
sandyfettes
Wells Delivery Manager
Enquest
Hi Soren.  Yes attempting to fish a wireline tool with tractor and stroker.  Likely Welltec will be used for tractor and stroker.
SorenHartmann
Drillconsult
Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your reply.

I have worked for Schlumberger and Welltec for a number of years and recoments to speak to Christian Kruger, V.P. Sales & Marketing at Welltec as he have worked many years with Schlumberger Wireline as Field Engineer.
sandyfettes
Wells Delivery Manager
Enquest

Thank you.  I believe the team are taking to him already.

Many thanks

Sandy

sandyfettes
Wells Delivery Manager
Enquest
Thanks, Wayne and Grant.  We have 250ft of 0.32 cable on top of the tools to be fished (wire parted), but it is likely the tools were lifted up the hole and wire could be around the toolstring and tractor in hole.

Fish is lying horizontal in 7" liner at around 25000ft.  There is 4.5" liner below that and 5.5" completion above.  Fishing assembly will have to pass through 5.5" WEG (4.625" ID) into 7" liner (29ppf).  There is 308m between WEG and 4.5" TOL.

So, a complex job.  My team are planning recovery of this at the moment and are looking for some help to peer review our plan and learn from experience.  looks like you both could assist.         

_____
Note from moderator:

This is not a jobs site nor a free people-matching/finding service.  For that, we have a skills pool service (which has to be paid for).

Email address has been removed since it is inconsistent with the ethics and protocol of the site (as most members will recall).

I am just back from Australia where a client put together a team, which we helped build and we were paid to facilitate the Peer Review and also made a (small) margin on providing our Well Integrity associate.

It is a knowledge sharing forum only where all activity is for the benefit of all.

rockbit
Consultant
SPREADAssociates
Total Posts: 18
I have fished in the lateral many times, with a tractor. My question would be, what terminal tools would you prefer, or, would you leave that that to the fisherman?
not to be rude, but I have been on jobs, where the customer did not understand, and ordered tool runs that were unworkable. 
gpierce74
Integrated Well Intervention Advisor
Halliburton
Total Posts: 7
what kind f questions do you have Sandy. I spent almost a decade with one of the well known tractor companies utilizing the tools you refer to above and was involved in a number of fishing operations with the stroker
Jump to top of the page