Cemented Completions

Forum members,

I am looking at various completion options for a deep (17,000ft+ TVD) vertical HPHT gas well that may also require high Frac pressures to achieve economic flow rates. Designing for life of well tubing stress and resultant fatigue and/or environmental stress failure is just one of the the many issues to consider, and in this respect, I am considering cementing the completion string. I know it has been done before but I am trying to get more information on the specific applications, control of cement placement, impact on ID of tubing string (does it need to be slick i.e. no nipples or one size and weight of tubing all the way etc.), impact on flow control devices and other key design considerations.

I am mainly looking for a point of reference for more information or expertise but would also appreciate any other specific feedback.

Regards,
Sean

Note from moderator : Please also see discussion from 2007 about "cemented monobores", which has also been re-activated so that you may see the responses back then.. that was a slightly different scenario, but does include some suitable comments.
1 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate