We are planning to rack 13.3/8”, 9.5/8” and 7” casings in the derrick in triples - on a dual activity DP rig. The stand/casing length will be between 122 ft and 135 ft.
13.3/8” 72.0 lb/ft N80 BTC
9.5/8” 47.0 lb/ft L80 Tenaris Blue
7” lb/ft 32.0 lb/ft VM95S VAM TOP
We have experience of racking back casing in doubles and triples on other rigs and we have used and identified the following lessons:
- CAM/JAM monitoring for connection make up.
- BTC and Premium connections can be racked back.
- Preparation of thread prior to make up.
- Alignment of joints prior to stabbing/make up is critical.
- Ability to floating in connection when making up is preferred - can be done without.
- Ensuring protector is tight on bottom after connection is made up.
- Wooden set back area when racking - not metal/wire.
We have seen that certain types of connections had problems when being made up in stands - SLHC thread.
We are interested in sharing lessons learnt/experience gained, and specific problems relating to:
1)Types of connections that gave problems when triples were racked.
2)Pulling casing - laid out in singles to prepare for running again or anybody racked back in triples again. What specific procedures were put in place for this - compensated?