Private Forums
Wireline Sheave Hangoff Sub
09 September 2009
Gents

Does anyone have a picture they can forward of a wireline sheave hang off sub which is made up to the TDS saver sub

Thanks in advance

Herdi
5 answer(s)
Neil.s
Well Test Engineer
TOTAL
Total Posts: 6
Herdi - No worries, we use them all the time here for slickline / logging rig up during well testing where we need to keep the landing string in tension - You may even be able to rent one from the likes of Oddfjell Well Services ;-)

Cheers,
Neil.
Herdi
Performance Improvement Consultant
SPREADAssociates
Total Posts: 10
Neil

Thanks thats what I was looking for

Yes I am on a floater and it was for compensation when holding the drill string in tension prior to running guns

Thanks for all replies
Neil.s
Well Test Engineer
TOTAL
Total Posts: 6
Here's one - is this what you're looking for???

Neil Sultan
Welltest Engr
TOTAL
Documents uploaded by user:
Shackle Sub - GEFRO.pdf
karle
SPREADAssociates
Total Posts: 3
I know about the "Bicyle Sheave" that bolts into the pipehandler. What I'd like to see is a photo where when you pull the bull Plug off on the "S" pipe of the TDS for wireline to enter the drillstring for say a backoff and the well is deviated where you need to pump it down and say working in oil base mud the packoff can be pumped similar to a conventional wireline BOP without blowing mud all over the place.
BruceRichardson
Lead Drilling Engineer
British Gas
Herdi,

Not sure why you'd want to hang off the wireline sheeve made up to the TDS? Typically its hung off from a T piece in closed elevators. Can you elaborate?

Cheers
Bruce Richardson
Principal Drilling Engineer
Geodynamics, Brisbane
Posted by

Allan Herd

Performance Improvement Consultant

SPREADAssociates

Jump to top of the page