SPREAD is the acronym for Sharing Practices Rigorously, Easily Accelerates Delivery.
- Discussion Groups - an arrangement that categorises the discussions based on their context.
- Discussions - members can post their ideas/queries to be discussed.
- Responses - members can post their comments on various discussions.
- Alert Emails - members will get notifications about recent Discussions/Responses through email.
- Search - helps to find out discussions/ responses by giving some words/phrases.
SPREAD is the global community of drilling, completion & subsea professionals. It gives you access to a wealth of knowledge that you may not otherwise have had.
All the discussions under the forum are organised under various categories known as discussion groups. Some of the groups are further divided into subgroups for a better classification.
Members can post their ideas/queries to be discussed in SPREAD. They have to choose the right Group before posting a discussion. A meaningful title and a small brief for the discussion are required. The discussions under a group are displayed in chronological (latest on top). You may see the discussion title, owner of discussion, name of last contributor to a discussion, last contributed date, number of responses received etc.
Members can contribute their knowledge to any discussions, treated as Responses. Responses can be opted to fall under one of the following categories.
- Facts / Objects: Observing the missing facts or Tools may be the key response.
- Context: laying a fingers on a specific factor either missing or not properly taken account of in a context.
- Rules / Objectives: Some special rule of thumb/ heuristic may be found relevant in a solution.
- Inferences: adding a missing link in a possible inference chain changes the situation dramatically.
- Ideas: An entirely new way of looking at the available data (may be successful elsewhere already) may be suggested at times.
- Conclusion: The initiator can provide a summary/ round up of the discussions that have taken place.
- Knowledgebase: highlighting a missing link (recently discovered fact/law) in knowledge base will be critical in certain situations.
- Experience: Recall of a past personal experience of success may provide a solution.
- Others: When none of the above classification suits, classify under this!
You may see the category name on the top of a response, if present if selected anyone of the above at the time of posting a Response.
To become a member you need to register by choosing your organisation from the list of organisations. You have to provide a username, password, email-id and some other basic information.
SPREAD sends alert emails and other messages through email.
We prefer a professional/academic email-id at the time of registration for greater authenticity to retain the community's reputation.
Shortly after registration, your account get approved by Admin. After that event, if you so prefer, you may change your email-id to a new one of your choice. This could be done by clicking the Edit profile button from your profile page.
Click on "Forgotten Password" link under the login form and proceed to get an e-mail from SPREAD containing the instructions to reset your password and thier by login to your profile.
Click on the my spread logo in the top left corner which will take you to the homepage. From there you can click on the "Start a new discussion" button.
You can make use of the global search feature on the top right corner of every page.