Well Control Equipment & Practices for infrequent wireline / slickline activitiesSpread Group,
Enhancing premium wireline coring (continuous) surface & DH pressure / well control equipment, best practices & procedures; I'm currently seeking any contacts or discussion that could assist in providing or guiding me to information sources on other activities that could face similar operational challenges (e.g. any combination of: no float / circulation sub in BHA, static pipe in open hole, surface pressure control requirements).
Some relatively similar systems / activities that I can think of:
- Casing while Drilling - retrievable BHA (on wireline or drill pipe)
- Thru Bit Drilling / Logging Technology
- Directional Survey's
- Running Slotted Liner without Inner String
- Wireline Charge - Drill Pipe connection back-off operations
- Through drill pipe wireline retrieval of sources / drop ball / fish
I've had a pretty thorough review of obvious practices / equipment like:
- trip back into shoe
- LKV / Lubricator etc
- some review of specialist rotation / circulation / reciprocation systems that allow use of wire in drill pipe.
Working to solidly satisfy the likes of NORSOK D-010 & other anticipated API / IADC updates to barrier & procedural requirements.
PLEASE LOGIN OR SIGN UP TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION
We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation