What type of fluid should be lined up to the Poor Boy Degasser while drilling?

Dear colleagues,
We are worrying about well control safety on our HTHP wells.

The drilling rig had been constructed by Bentec (2000 HP). So, could someone clarify should be poor boy linned up with any fluid while drilling? If so, should it be current drilling mud or water? How often the fluid must be changed (refreshed)?

We'll use oil-based mud with density 1930 kg/m3.

Thank you.
7 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation