Short benchmarking summary process outline as attached.
In specific terms of new techniques for Bits (based on 40years of drilling experience)
- Focus on MSE (these metrics will indicate if a bit is drilling good or not)
- Take a 3p's evidence based approach
1. Physcial (parts) evidence
2. People Evidnece
3. Paper (evidence)
- Learn how to truly measure, drill, maintain, manage and control optimal (loss/waste free) near perfect cylinders.
Note: The more one deteriorates from near perfect cylinder (for what ever reasons to be determined)? The more probable bit /wellbore section delivery performance will follow suit.
Too often bit / wellbore sections performance will not reflect what actually resulted when drilling the section.
- Truly know and understand ones drilling limits.
Where, Today it is much easier to drill one-self into a much bigger (loss/waste) problem than simply measuring on bottom ROP.
- Get the bit companies involved (they have the software to run the engineering programs etc warranted.)
- Empower and get the engineers/Supervisors who select/run the bit intimately involved.
- There are only two means to improve the bit drilling process.
2. Via radical change.
Wishing you success in your research and studies.