I recall that there was a similar my-spread technical discussion entitled "Confidence in surveys" recently (i.e. March 2018), which is linked below.http://my-spread.com/discussions/5949
My reply to that original discussion is copied below. Hope it helps with your research studies.
Regards, Nick Gibson, GeoPetra Ltd================================================
I am not sure that my reply specifically answers your question, however ... Steve Sawaryn has written several SPE technical papers on directional survey calculations and also EOU, the details of which are as listed below.
Regards, Nick Gibson, GeoPetra Ltd
(1) A Compendium of Directional Calculations Based on the Minimum Curvature Method in www.onepetro.org/journal-paper/SPE-84246-PA
(2) A Compendium of Directional Calculations Based on the Minimum Curvature Method--Part 2: Extension to Steering and Landing Applications in www.onepetro.org/journal-paper/SPE-159840-PA
(3) Explicit Calculation of Expansion Factors for Collision Avoidance Between Two Coplanar Survey-Error Ellipses in www.onepetro.org/journal-paper/SPE-159840-PA
(4) Well Collision Avoidance Management and Principles
(5) Well Collision Avoidance - Separation Rule in www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-187073-MS