Acquiring data to assist with difficult cement jobs
Given some of the close-tolerance wells that are being drilled, a potential customer (in a Major Oil Co) has asked what the industry thinks about the following potential game-changer(s).
Challenge: Can we develop smart technology around the casing running and cement jobs, that could be integrated into the casing that could:
1. Measure and transmit surge pressure whilst lowering the casing
2. Measure the hole caliper (directly or by inference)
3. Measure Borehole breakout analysis
4. Measure annuli pressure build-up
5. Device that accurately determines the volume-to-bump BEFORE the cement job (i.e. whilst circulating to condition the mud).
We would love to hear what you think and especially from those who are working on solutions; we will lift our 'no sales pitch' rule (in this instance) as long as you provide meaningful information in your reply (not just redirecting us to your website).