I am currently preparing a horizontal drilling (unconventional well applications), well engineering, drillstring design, and best operating practices (on line training program) for a client.
I have several documents on horizontal drilling, training manuals, etc and i did attend a while back Frank Schuh's (drillstring design and operating limits for horizontal wells). That is a a great number crunching course, with numerous worked examples, on how to design a BHA and place ones HWDP etc and drillstring design aspects etc when planning a horizontal well.
I have also several gems wrt buckling, T&D papers and historical documents on this subject area, that we have gathered over the decades. etc etc.
What i am seeking in particular are:
- - What current technologies applications are you using to enhance horizontal drilling today. (what's driving the need for these)
- - bit/bha drive systems being used
- - RSS preferences
- - Geosteering methods, strategy.
- - LWD tools typically run in carbonate and sandstone reservoirs
- - value addition as to why these tools are being run
- - Other string tools and accessories
Other comments to share in regards to:
- Hazard / risks assessment example for horizontal wells planning, engineering design.
- What are the top Problems being experienced in your horizontal wells.
- How are risk being proactively avoided and mitigated (as prevention is always better than cures on these wells).
- Best operating practices being used.
- Any journal papers or documents worth referencing and reviewing.
- What else in regards to this 'horizontal drilling' subject area you have to share?
All welcomed, where 'Sharing is caring' so don't be shy.