Simplified Shallow water flow and shallow gas flow rate equationsMembers,
Seeking a simple flow rate equation for shallow subsurface (silt, sand formation intervals to account for
- shallow water flow
- shallow (methane, biogenic) gas flow
in what would typically be
- highly porous (25-35% porosity)
- high permeable 1-2 darcies
- sequence intervals
- Ranging from at balance up to 100-300psi** above normal hydrostatic pressures
(** based on GOM shallow water flow experiences in a highly charged rapid depositional systems)
Any other evident well's views, data, or drilling information regarding
- mud flows (mud volcanoes)
- carbonates (shallow water flow gas) differences
in a similar context.
e.g. References, cases studies, reports, standard petroleum / reservoir, flow equations etc.
Note: Purpose and intent is to integrate equations, lessons, further practices shared, into some simple drilling models and a e-learning 'Shallow Hazard' well control module currently under development.
PLEASE LOGIN OR SIGN UP TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION
We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation