Urgent need for Mud-Pump Spares (TSC make, WF2000 Triplex pumps)
Our jack-up rig contractor in the Caspian Sea has now 2 mud pumps down out of 3.
Mud Pump # 2 and #3 – damage to outer race (bearing retention ring)
• Found a broken metal pieces in the oil sump
• Observed broken sections on outer race
• Magnet catcher contains metal debris
It is suspected this is due to a defect of the bearings, please see attached.
Note : The general service life of the bearing is more than 20,000 hours. According to the feedback of on-site operation time, there is still a design life of 10,000 hours but due to the visible damage of the on-site bearing, it is recommended to be replaced.
The mud pumps are a TSC make, WF2000 triplex pump.
The rig contractor does not hold inventory for those bearings and the manufacturing delivery time is around 5 weeks.
Bearing details listed below:
|Line item||Part No.||Description||Qty||Where used||Description where used||OEM info|
|1||BR1-380-194-0620||Main Bearing Xsrb (380 X 620 X 194)||6||CRANKSHAFT||XSRB (380x620x194)|
H212: FAG 23176-MB-C3
H195: SKF 23176 CA/W33
|2||BR2-170-200-0309||Crosshead Bearing||9||CRANKSHAFT||XCRB170x309x200||NKE CRB128434|
|3||BR2-240-092-0360||Bearing, Pinion||6||PINION SHAFT||XCRB 240x360x92||SKF NCF3048CV|
|4||BR2-762-121-0921||Eccentric Bearing Xcrb(762*921*121a)||9||CRANKSHAFT||XCRB(762x921x121A)||NKE CRB1286/762-B|
Where we are struggling is that apparently two types of bearings listed below are custom made and apparently the manufacturer of these bearings (NKE) have agreement only to supply TSC and we require seven (7) each of these two bearing types
- Part # BR2-170-200-0309 Crosshead bearing for Crankshaft with NKE part # NKE CRB128434
- Part # BR2-762-121-0921 Eccentric bearing Xcrb (762*921*121a) with NKE part # NKE CRB1286/762-B
- Anyone out there holding stock of those bearings in their inventory &/or can propose other alternatives to source those bearings with faster delivery times?
- Anyone observed the same/similar issues with the TSC mud pump bearings ?
- From your experience, what are the possible reasons for the premature failures of those bearings ?
If you can help, email immediately to Dave@rp-squared.com (moderator) and he will connect us.
Documents uploaded by user:
PLEASE LOGIN OR SIGN UP TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION
We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation