Spread Launches New Rapid Response Service

• Do you have an urgent problem?
  • Would you like to get a rapid response from around 2000 my-spread members?

Dave Taylor owner of my-spread.com announces the new addition to my-spread.com - the technical discussion forum

my-spread.com has built a solid network of active industry members who together can answer most drilling questions that you might ever have. The main reasons why people visit the site and start to type on their keyboard is that they either have a problem, or need a solution. Others just like to follow the discussions, picking up knowledge or improving their industry understanding. This embodies the very essence of why the site was set up.

There are people who mostly have problems. There are others who rarely have a problem but enjoy giving back to the industry.

Why do they do this? Could it be that they:

• Have had experience of difficult situations, feel blessed that they got through them and want to pay this back in some small way?
  • Enjoy the thanks, appreciation and accolades when they come up with innovative solutions and show their mettle?
  • Want to keep their brains active even when they might be desk based, retired, or in a different section of the industry?
  • Find that solving drilling problems are more satisfying than crossword puzzles?

Dave, has made investments over the years that he would be embarrassed to put an exact figure on. Suffice to say the amount goes into 6 figures, and that is in development and upkeep costs, his own time has been put in on top.

Why has Dave done this? Perhaps for the same reasons as the other contributors?

There has been a tremendous value exchange occurring over the past 11 years that my-spread.com has been online. The solutions provided to real work place problems must have prevented accidents, saved months of rig time, saved jobs and possibly lives.

That is a very good outcome for all of the people who have been helped by this website. The difficult task has been to find a financial mechanism to help fund the site’s running costs and future development and to allow a reward for Dave. Perhaps a small income from the site could help contribute to the running costs well into his retirement?

We all know about the ‘great crew change’ and the knowledge gaps that occur due to demographic and economic cycles. Wouldn’t it be great if my-spread.com could be the solution to this knowledge gap in the future? After all, there is no resource on the web quite like it…Moderated and with the facility to search historical exchanges of technical information.

Putting a Paypal donation button the site didn’t really work. Banner adverts or click ads all over the site are distracting and take away from the essence of the site.

Our challenge has been to think of an idea that is a win/win and one that we can help everyone make the forum a better place. A way that problem askers and problems solvers BOTH get a better experience, and the site itself can grow and continue to provide more value.

We think we've found the solution....

A solution that solves multiple problems at once!

We have created a rapid response service. Sometimes, no matter how careful, skilled and diligent we are, we will experience situations that require an immediate solution. This service will allow you to log on, pay a nominal $1000, then have your question sent out immediately to around 2000 forum members. (Normally the alerts can go out up to 48 hours later).

Can you see the value?

For you and your team, this could lead to another uneventful day under your belt, another problem rapidly solved. You will have got the most experienced and knowledgeable team in your corner. Not just the best in the company, but possibly the best in the world!

The site itself receives an income. Everyone wins!

We hope that you use this rapid response service whenever there is an urgent need.

For those of you who are regular contributors at my-spread.com.....Thanks for being a valued forum member, we appreciate it.

If you have any ideas that you would like to see incorporated into the site please also drop us a line.

If you haven't experienced my-spread yet, why not join us?

Click the logo on the right and register your free account.

Did you notice that rp-squared has a new look website?

We've been busy updating our rp-squared website why not take a look by clicking on the following links:

What does Technical Limit mean?

​Our approach to DWOPs and i-DWOPs

You can also view some of the results from our recent workshops - just hit the play button and you'll be transported to our new gallery page:

0 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate