Celebrating Peter Aird's time with us

Dear members.

As promised, we have started to work our way through the membership to determine if they are truly interested in collaboration (GIVE as well as take).

We have whittled away and knocked out 20% of the first 50 that we looked at.

But I'd like to draw your attention to User ID No. 6 (of over 5700). He joined on 10th January 2005, a few days after we established the site.  He has contributed 85 Discussion questions ("brave enough to stick his head above the parapet and ask a question") and contributed 279 answers (more than anyone else!).

This person has taken the time to stand back and endeavour to pass on knowledge.

Those of you who know Pete(r) Aird will know that he is opinionated, direct and uncompromising.

By his own admission, he's not always right (who is?),and when I challenged him a few years back to be more tolerant, he was quick to point out that there are those who need to "speak the unspoken" even if it simply shakes the team out of "group think", and I expect that few people who have met him would be brave enough to state that his heart is NOT in the right place.

In my travels, I have met an awful lot of the younger generation who value his opinion (even if freely given in the face of the 'political' elite; and even if sometime wrong).

A yes-man he never was.

A credit to our site, he always will be!

Thankyou  Peter!

1 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate