First ever rig to use MPD Offshore Australia (how we helped)

It's just been announced that the Maersk Deliverer semi-sub has had its Safety Case approved.  

It will be the first ever rig to use MPD offshore Australia.

I have now been given approval to expand a bit further on our role.

It was important for the Safety Case submission, that a well-known, technically capable and professional facilitator / report writer be used for the HAZOP studies.

My company, and myself, were chosen and facilitated a Process HAZOP in July 2019 and an Ops HAZOP in January 2020.

Maersk Drilling were our client, since they are providing an MPD-ready rig, and we worked with RPS, Inpex, Safekick and Weatherford at the HAZOPs.

We've been doing this kind of MPD support since 2014.  We facilitated both the HAZOP and DWOP for the record-breaking well PMCD in 2855m (water depth) in Malaysia.

We started our MPD journey in 2014, with a HAZOP the first ever BTR x PMCD off a dynamically-positioned rig.  Since then we’ve done multiple HAZOPs and DWOPs for first-ever applications of MPD and/or RGH systems in Angola, Canary Islands, Senegal, Mauritania, Cyprus, Ireland, French Guiana, Lebanon, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia.

We have also provided MPD services for overseeing installation, preparing procedures and Wellsite support for: Liner drilling, with Continuous Circulation and MPD!

We are also very closely linked with HPHT training and support and our associates are very active in the DWOS (Drill Well on Simulator) arena.

For more information on how we can help your Project, please contact: dave@rp-squared.com

Documents uploaded by user:

PROUD TO HAVE PLAYED OUR PART IN THIS.pdf

4 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate