Rest in Peace my friend and ex-Coach (Kenny)

It is with great sadness that I learnt (today) of the passing of Kenny More.

I am sorry to be passing this news on in such a manner.

I know that SPREAD is NOT Facebook nor Linked-in (God forbid; that one has banned me for supporting Ukraine!), but we have to reflect upon Kenny.

He worked for us in Papua New Guinea and never once did he complain about the conditions, which - let's be honest - at the time were less-than-ideal.

He truly wanted to make a difference and was an ambassador of our Enabling Environment, never one to say a bad word about anyone. The locals loved the big man from Hopeman, Moray, Scotland.

After that, when rp-squared was unable to find an assignment for him, he reluctantly joined a competitor (their name makes most of us RETCH).  

When they abandoned him in Jakarta when crew change was delayed, it was Xmas and, though - as Muslims - my wife (Riska) and I tended not to celebrate December 25th, we invited him over and cooked two chickens and all the trimmings in our best efforts to make him feel the Festive spirit.

Kenny rose to the challenge and consumed one all by himself! Later that night, Riska did confide in me and asked me “what language is he speaking?”.

Well I could rant all night about Kenny, but I will never forget his loyalty, his chuckle and his warm heart. Never the snappiest of dressers, but a true embodiment of my company.

I attach one of my favourite pictures of him. At a time when the camp was surrounded by soldiers and Rottweillers (the local tribes feared animals the most; you can't reason with a baying hound!), Kenny could see the bright side.

Rest in Peace my dear friend!

Documents uploaded by user:

Kenny in the field.png

2 Answer(s)

Support Spread

We need the support of our members to keep our forum online. If you find the information on spread useful please consider a donation

donate